jueves, 6 de agosto de 2015

NOT JUST ANY BLACK GUY








I happened to meet Dr Carson at Miami's International Airport. He was hopelessly looking for his ride while I was rushing to meet and greet my Italian clients. I didn't even ask him to stand by me for a selfie; all I could say was an incoherent bunch of encouraging words. I told him I was one of the few Cuban Americans who knew him and he graciously replied that his situation among African Americans was even worse. He came across as a lay back, honest gentleman with a lot in his mind. As the momentum towards the first Republican debate increases and I see the good doctor claim he is not known by 50% of the voters a deep sentiment of sympathy wells up within me and I torture myself with some of those questions to which I perfectly know the answer:
1- Where is the black crowd cheering for one of them?
2- Why does a decent man has to stand alone with his ambitions when he symbolizes beyond any reasonable doubt what an African American of humble upbringing can achieve in our great nation?
3- Why was I almost considered an Uncle Tom for staunchly opposing Obama in 2008 and 2012 and yet Dr Carson is the recipient of the most abject indifference and utmost disdain by the African American community?
4- BHO's stand is that of entitlement and making it easy for poor blacks to access economic aid almost effortlessly. Dr Carson stands for hard work and seizing all the opportunities this country can offer to minorities. One would think the comparison is a no brainer and yet black America seems to even loathe the only black person racing for his party's nomination.
5- African Americans seem to have no problem with Queen Hillary's coronation even to the detriment of the Vice President, but not one iota of enthusiasm or well wishing is given to this outstanding African American surgeon. Dr Carson is being treated worse by his own people than he could ever be treated by white supremacists.
6- The democrat campaign shows all the signs of a pre brokered, pre quarter backed mafioso deal rewarded by the grins and nods of scores of overweight African American ladies who hang to every word uttered by the rich white heir apparent and frown at the mere sight of a brother who has nothing to do with traditional politics.

African Americans are useful only if and when they serve the purposes of the "left"; a conservative black politician is never black enough. Shame on us 

1 comentario:

  1. A few days ago I was having a conversation about all the candidates with a group of african- americans (some of them republicans), and when the name of Dr. Carson came in, the mayority commented that he lacks charisma to be in the White House. The african-americans said that they wouldn't vote for him even if he was a democrat. Maria Isabel Garcia Agenw

    ResponderEliminar